For many, the Gospel according to "the Beloved Physician" is the most readable and complete account of the life of Christ. Known for its historical detail and precision, Luke was chosen by the Holy Spirit to communicate the Gospel to an educated and technological culture. The evidences of the truly "human" nature of Jesus Christ are littered throughout this treatise.
42 - Luke
- Luke 1 - Introduction. The Story of Tarore. Birth of John the Baptist. Annunciation of Messiah.
- Luke 2 - The Child and the Mosaic Law. The Years of Growth.
- Luke 3 - Ministry of John the Baptist. Baptism of Jesus. Genealogy of Christ.
- Luke 4 - The Temptation of Christ. Presenting His Mandate. The Demoniac.
- Luke 5 - Jesus’ Mandate. Jesus’ Fame Spreads.
- Luke 6 - Jesus Challenges Sabbath “Law.” Choosing the Twelve.
- Luke 7 - Jesus’ Ministry in Capernaum. Jesus’ Responses to Faith, Despair, Doubt, Love.
- Luke 8 - Why Parables? The Significance of Hems.
- Luke 9 - The Twelve Disciples Sent. The Feeding of the 5,000. Jesus’ Identity and Mission. The Transfiguration.
- Luke 10 - The Good Samaritan. The Visit in Bethany.
- Luke 11 - Jesus Instructs on: Prayer; Satan; Spiritual Opportunity; Hypocrisy. The Call to Obedience.
- Luke 12 - The Tyranny of Worry. The Call to Diligence.
- Luke 13 - Paradox Resolution. The Way of the Righteous is Narrow.
- Luke 14 - Jesus Exposes Falsehoods: Popularity, Hospitality, Security. The Distinctions Between Salvation and Discipleship.
- Luke 15 - The Lost Sheep. The Lost Coin. The Prodigal Son.
- Luke 16 - Stewardship. The Rich Man and Lazarus. Contrasting Hades, Sheol, Gehenna, Tartarus, Abousso.
- Luke 17 - Predestination or Free Will. Revisit Paradox Resolution.
- Luke 18 - Persistence in Prayer. The Dangers in Self-Esteem. The Hindrance of Wealth. The Coming Climax.
- Luke 19 - Zacchaeus’ Response. The Triumphal Entry.
- Luke 20 - Jesus Approaches His Climax in Jerusalem. Citizenship Obligations.
- Luke 21 - Olivet Discourse. The Future of the Nation Israel. The Destruction of the Temple. Responsibilities of Believers.
- Luke 22 - Judas Betrays Jesus. The Final Passover. Jesus’ Plea in the Garden. Legal Irregularities.
- Luke 23 - Jesus and Pilate. The Crucifixion. A New Testament Acrostic? Jesus and the Father. Jesus’ Burial. The Cities of Refuge
- Luke 24 - The Resurrection! The Road to Emmaus.