The Book of James focuses on the believer's justification before men. His robust epistle focuses on the practical Christian walk rather than on doctrine; it is directed toward a living faith. Faith is not believing in spite of the evidence; Faith is obeying in spite of the consequences.
59 - James
- Chuck Missler Intro to James
- Chapter 1:1-12: Introduction. Victorious Faith. Crown of Life.
- Chapter 1:13-1:27: Temptation. Doers of the Word. “Religion.”
- Chapter 2:1-13: Gossip. Manifested Faith. Lack of Justice. Judgment.
- Chapter 2:14-26: 3 Kinds of Faith. Justified. Faith without Works is Dead.
- Chapter 3:1-12: Controlling Faith. The Tongue. Know a Tree by its Fruit.
- Chapters 3:13-Ch. 4: Wisdom. Evidences of True Wisdom. Submissive Faith. The World, the Flesh, the Devil.
- Chapter 5: The Rich. Straight Talk. The Power of Patience. Prayer.
- Conclusion: Shroud of Turin. The Knights Templar. Freemasonry.